Did you ever find yourself frozen in time, having spent hours in front of your computer and not being able to account for anything that you did?
If you have found yourself spinning your wheels, it could be for a couple of reasons.
Either, you were trying to do too many things at once, or you were concentrating on insignificant tasks and putting off the work you really need to do.
Often, as budding entrepreneurs, we take on too many things, and since we are only accountable to ourselves in the short-term, many times we don’t finish any of them.
What’s your routine? When you get to your computer, what you do first? Do you check your e-mail, Skype, log into messenger, or answer calls?
Unless there’s something urgent that you know is pending, this is probably a waste of your best time.
The problem is first, these all seem like natural things to do. You want to know what’s going on.
Second, these have probably become habits, and they feel comfortable and even make you think that you’re accomplishing something. Sadly, you’re not.
Managing time course
We’ve broken the course into five lessons:
- Clutter, procrastinators & drivers is about those habits and blocks to progress that we’re sometimes unaware of. We offer up ideas to help illuminate what’s causing the blocks and we examine those inbuilt mental mechanisms that drive us in certain directions, but only give the illusion of progress.
- Learning to focus may seem obvious, but did you know that 80% of output comes from just 20% of input? We take a brief look at what this means to everyday activities, and ask questions as to what could improve.
- Action plans may sound a bit dry and ‘corporate’ but, in part, this is about looking at the secrets all powerful people seem to possess. But it’s also about clearing business clutter and replacing this with stuff that actually works and is beneficial.
- Checklists have great benefits if used properly. What should you keep and why? What should you dump? How should you spend your time? What are your short, medium and long-term goals?
- Tips and tools pulls together some of the best time-saving tips and lists a few of the most useful productivity tools on the web.
We’ve outlined the basics of what this course is about, so now it’s time to sign up.
This is a Pay What You Want course.
You’ll be taken to our courses site.
Just fill in your email to start the sign up process.