Self-doubt & fear
Let’s talk about self-doubt and fear and what they have to do with each other.
Fear is behind all our feelings of self-doubt and that’s an important thing to realize.
Self-doubt is the lack of confidence in yourself and your abilities.
And that lack of confidence is usually caused by fear.
If you think about all the different times you’ve seriously doubted yourself, you will likely find fear the root of the problem.
- Fear of not being good enough.
- Fear of not being able to do things right.
- Fear of not being able to see things through to the end.
- Fear of messing up.
- Fear of disappointing or hurting those around us.
- Fear of being ridiculed or laughed at.
It stands to reason then, that if we can remove the fear – or work though it – we can also stop the self-doubt… and get productive.
But how do we go about removing or at least reducing the fear? We do it by boosting confidence, by improving our abilities, and particularly by facing our fears and working through them. Let’s look at each of these “action items” one at a time.
When your fear stems from a lack of self-esteem, work on boosting that.
Things that boost self-esteem include praise, reflection, and positive reinforcement.
A journal is a great tool for reflecting on how far you’ve come and how much you’ve already accomplished.
For positive reinforcement, start taking action on some easy tasks. Get them done and use the momentum to continue to propel you forward. Give these ideas a try and watch your confidence and self-esteem grow.
If your fear stems from not knowing how to do something, the solution is easy. Go learn how to do it. Find a teacher, a book, a course… heck find a YouTube video and move on.
Facing your fear is the hardest thing to do on this short little list. It’s also the most powerful.
The key is to define your fear. Figure out exactly what it is that you’re afraid of. It will seem much less scary once you define it.
Once you know this, you can start to work through your fear, which in itself is a huge confidence booster.
Yes, but how?
Well, this course is all about:
How you respond to self-doubt and how this affects all areas of your life.
How self-doubt affects your personal life, your happiness, your relationships, work, finances, family, and more.
Why it’s so important to learn more about self-doubt and how to respond to it.
Taking control. We can shape our life the way we would like it to be.
To do this we focus on:
- how self-doubt affects your personal life and relationships.
- how self-doubt affects your work and professional life.
- how self-doubt affects your finances and possessions .
- why we don’t have the know-how, or know what to expect.
- how our past catches up with us.
- why we become fearful and believe we can’t do things.
- the effect of self-esteem.
- why we’re never quite ready for change.
- why we’re more comfortable as we are right now.
Then we look to breaking the cycle:
- what’s the worst that can happen?
- taking baby steps and celebrating small successes
- the use of a feel-good file
- weeding out the negatives.
- forming new habits.
- stopping self-doubt in its tracks.
- why you should get better at what you do.
- coping with setbacks.
- additional resources.
- a downloadable eBook of the course.
This short course costs just $3.99. That’s not a misprint, it’s three dollars and 99 cents.
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you’ve enrolled and paid, you’ll have access to the course material for as long as you need. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It’s your choice!
What if I’m unhappy with my purchase?
Well, I would be sad. But if you’re really unhappy with the course, just email me within 10 days to get a full refund.
I still have a question, can I contact you?
Always! You can contact me here, or via the courses site at any time.
You’ll be taken to our courses site.
Just fill in your email to start the sign up process.